Friday 17 September 2010

Meet the stallholders...

Lisa Doonan from Miss Lily's
Have you always been a 'crafty' person - how did you start making things to sell?
I have always been quite creative and I first became interested in flowers when my mother did a flower arranging course, which I would often accompany her to.
It wasn't until I hit my 30's that I decided to change my visual merchandising career for floristry. I studied hard at Writtle College for 2 years to gain my professional floristry foundation degree with distinction. I have a passion for flowers and love each season for the variety of flowers and colours they deliver. Summer has to be my favourite with the arrival of peonies, delphiniums, stocks and hydrangeas but roses, in many colours, will always be one of my favourite flowers.
Tell us a bit about what you make...
My work can be varied from bridal bouquets to funerals, but I mainly focus my work on creating bridal flowers and table/ venue decorations for weddings and events throughout Essex. After the wedding season I often spend the winter making table decorations, gifts and wreaths for Christmas.
Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment