Tuesday 12 April 2011

Meet the stallholders Spring 2011...

Hilary Hannan from Ragbags
I have been dressmaking all my life and started to make bags to try and use up the scraps of fabric left over. However once people get to know what I do I get given their remnants so my stash never actually decreases! I like the challenge of finding a way of using unusual fabrics and include patchwork and applique, and embellish with threads, ribbon and machine embroidery.

I shall be selling tote bags and handbags of various shapes and sizes, with some smaller items such as make-up bags, purses and brooches. I shall also have a few cushion covers and wall hangings. I get my inspiration from different sources, such as nature, art and from the fabric itself. I keep a scrapbook of images which I like to refer to when I'm working on something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment