Tuesday 14 September 2010

Meet the stallholders...

Pauline Sfendilis
Have you always been a 'crafty' person - how did you start making things to sell?
I have always loved 'creating' things and was French knitting, making pom poms and knitting from a very early age. I married a Greek man in the early 70's and went to live in a Greek community where all the Greek ladies would sit around crocheting and it was a case of joining them or feeling very left out!

In those days it was table cloths, bed spreads and the like but these days I crochet bags, back packs, scarves and beanies (which I design myself) and jackets, tops and cardigans. About 9 months ago my son-in-law asked me to crochet him a scarf and a beanie, and after he had worn them to work a flood of orders came in from his work mates, and it really took off from then!

No comments:

Post a Comment